Bananas are not just exotic moon shaped yellow fruits. They contain some of the most vital naturally occurring nutrients you will find anywhere in the plant world.
I wrote a very detailed article on the nutritional and health benefits of bananas, that give you precisely what is in them that makes them a vital addition to any fruit bowl. But in a nutshell for you, here are the vitamins (and minerals) that you can obtain from a single banana.
- Potassium – We need potassium to help keep our blood pressure in order, and also to help our organic computer (brain) function normally.
- Vitamin B6 & B12 – These essential B vitamins can lift you out of a depressed state, by turning foods into essential components that trigger to do its job, and they play an important role in developing the cells which make up our body.
- Manganese – Is required for forming bone tissue, it improves fertility and aids with the blood clotting process.
- Vitamin C – Is a huge percentage of the nutrients found in bananas, and is used to ward off infections and helps the development of our cells.
- Tryptophan – If you are a big eater of bananas, I imagine that you live quite a great life! This is because of the tryptophan, and the other nutrients that help to keep you ‘tranquil’.
There are numerous other vitamins in a single banana, which you can find listed on our health benefits page (above).